A Day at the Mauritian Tropical Garden
We are happy to propose you a wonderful day in the very heart of a Mauritian tropical garden. Visiting is fine, learning, understanding and tasting are far better! We will lead you at the discovery of the Mauritian tropical garden, the living one, which is not only a conservatory, but a place to live in and to produce in a natural way. There will be no doubt about it, the vanilla will awaken your senses and curiosity, but we will also introduce to you more than a good hundred species and varieties inside a 7 hectare-orchard!
- Discovery of the tropical vegetation
- History of Mauritius through its exotic plants
- Understanding of the soil / plant system
- Agroecology and growing methods in natural agriculture
- Presentation of the extracting system, namely the hydro-distillation for the production of essential oils from the fruits and aromatic plants from the orchard
- Presentation of the properties of the different essential oils produced locally
Through the awakening of your senses, you will discover how the organoleptic properties are obtained (but also the nutritional, medicinal and molecular ones).
And always with the "Moris Otreman" spirit, discovery, meeting and sharing with the local population!
Start from your accomodation place at 9 AM, back at around 5PM.
Day rate per person (from 9 AM to 5 PM, 2 to 6 persons) :
- Rs 1400 (pick-up and drop-off, visit)
- Rs 1900 (pick-up and drop-off, visit and lunch)
Feel free to contact us for further details! Moris Otreman, much more than guided tours! Please contact here!
Please adapt your clothing to the activity: convenient shoes, sun screen, mosquito repellent, hat, sun glasses, swimsuit.